Portland is the city with the most breweries and beer choices in the world, so it’s no shock that someone took it upon themselves to try them all. Luckily for us, that someone is a friend of our owner Pat McCormick’s. Don “Dirt” Williams is the man using his retirement for the good of beer drinkers everywhere. We highly recommend reading Dirt’s entertaining stories of his commitment to leaving no keg untapped on http://thebeerchaser.com/
Here are some other interesting facts about the Oregon beer industry, and Portland’s more specifically:
- Oregon’s brewing companies employ 6,400 full and part-time employees-up 900 jobs over 2011.
- Total economic impact from the beer industry is $2.83 billion for Oregon’s economy.
- It’s estimated that 47% Percent of all draft beer consumed in Oregon is brewed in Oregon.
- There are currently 54 breweries in Portland, 74 in the Portland metro area, 21 in Bend and 30 in Central Oregon and 12 in Eugene.
- Portland currently has the most breweries per capita of any city in the world.